Saturday 28 November 2020

BEHIND THE SCENES RE: NEW SHOW AND CONTEST STARTS DECEMBER 23


This is an experiment inspired by my work over this summer and Fall with The Actors Studio: as a result of  Covid, the Studio had shut its doors but continued online with several experimental programs where one-acts and/or 10 minute plays were written, rehearsed and performed in a seven day period with Studio members from all over the country, many of whom never worked with each other or even knew each other, contributing. It was totally different and unique and a joy to be a part of. So, having loved that process, I decided to try something different too with The Killing Kompany: I put a casting notice in Backstage for actors all over the country and gave them 4 lines to self tape, all of them not knowing how the basic plot would work out.

I do miss the audience participation with our audience as guest suspects, I do miss the comedy, the singing, the music, the dancing, etc. in our shows and I am sure the actors who regularly perform with me miss it too and especially miss the free dinners...but at least with Zoom, we can put on a show where you can still try and solve the murder and win a prize.

Wear a mask, socially distance, stay healthy so we can come back to you LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment