Saturday 11 September 2010

9/11

It's nine years - for the first year thereafter, I changed the format of my shows to comedy mystery, where people got shot, etc. but no one died and I ended each show with a statement that a portion of the money received by The Killing Kompany would be donated to various 9/11 charities and explained that I had no one "murdered" and I wished that it would be that way in real life. This was our first post 9/11 public show Ace Detective - and still on our website for 2001 Ace Detectives:

"September 21, 2001: And at our first benefit show for The September 11th Fund of the United Way and The New York Community Trust, at NIEDERSTEIN'S, a family affair was almost turned into a criminal affair, but all was saved by Ace Detective TINA GILL!"

At the end of the show, a woman came up to me and said "Thank You for going ahead with the show". Her husband was with NYFD and perished at the towers; her friends insisted she have a night out. She said it was the first time she laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment